Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Los Osos CSD Municipal Bond Fraud Question for the Des Moines Register

Representative Gustafson story question, please
TO: Carol Hunter, Executive Editor, Des Moines Register

Hello Carol,

I'm a blogger/reporter in San Luis Obispo County, California, and I'm researching a story that involves Iowa State Representative, Stan Gustafson (District 25).

Now, on August 8, 2017, I cc'd you, and several of your editorial staff, on an email I sent Representative Gustafson, and that I also published on my blog, at this link:


... where I show how his name is attached to a critical piece of evidence in an ongoing SEC municipal bond fraud investigation involving Representative Gustafson's previous elected position with the Los Osos Community Services District.

In my email I also show how an attorney has told me that "Yes," the LOCSD's "Summer 2000" newsletter -- the critical piece of evidence that has Gustafson's name all over it (and in REALLY bad places) -- constitutes fraud, and how that fraud now has about 4,200 Los Osos property owners (including many low-income seniors) funding the LOCSD's municipal bond fraud until the year 2033, and frankly, beyond.

In my email, I also asked Representative Gustafson if he signed off on the wording in that fraudulent newsletter before it went out, or, did his jaw hit his desk when, AFTER it was mailed out to "every property owner and resident of Los Osos," he discovered that one of his fellow Board members actually created, and then mailed out the fraudulent newsletter without his knowledge.

In other words, I gave Representative Gustafson a golden opportunity to distance himself from the municipal bond fraud.

Well, I have an update to my reporting that I'd like to share with you and the editorial staff at the Des Moines Register.

After several weeks from the date of my original email, Representative Gustafson finally did respond.

Here is his response, in its entirety:

"I have reviewed the newsletter you linked me to. The CSD was established in order to complete a sewer project for Los Osos. The Board worked diligently with the necessary agencies and experts in order to do so. The County had to take it back over again. "

And that's it.

So, to repeat (for emphasis), I recently asked Iowa State Representative, Stan Gustafson, these questions (quoting from my original email):

"1)  Did you, like the Karners, benefit financially from the passage of the LOCSD's wastewater assessment, and therefore signed-off on that fraudulent newsletter BEFORE it went out?

or;

2) Were you even aware that your fellow LOCSD Board member, Pandora Nash-Karner, was producing/mailing that "Summer 2000" newsletter, and when you first saw it -- AFTER it was mailed out -- your jaw hit your desk?"

And his answer to those intensely important questions was:

"I have reviewed the newsletter you linked me to. The CSD was established in order to complete a sewer project for Los Osos. The Board worked diligently with the necessary agencies and experts in order to do so. The County had to take it back over again."

So, again, because I am a very cool/fair reporter, I actually gave him the opportunity to distance himself from the LOCSD's municipal bond fraud, and he chose not to go that route. [I'm assuming that he doesn't have access to counsel, because that is absolutely terrible advice.]

Now, I noticed how the Des Moines Register, back in 2014, did a nice report at this link:


... that shows how Gustafson actually lied to the "Record Herald and Indianola Tribune," AND to the People of Iowa, when he failed to disclose his previous elected position with the LOCSD.

Additionally, in another stunning piece of evidence from... uh, 2016-ish(?), at this link:


... Representative Gustafson actually confesses to "helping to bankrupt (the) Los Osos (CSD)."

So, this all falls into place, perfectly: Gustafson's name shows up all over the the evidence (and, again, in really, REALLY bad places) in a current, on-going SEC investigation into municipal bond fraud by Gustafson's LOCSD -- municipal bond fraud that has some 4,200 Los Osos property owners funding the fraud until the year 2033 -- and that municipal bond fraud led directly to the LOCSD's bankruptcy starting around the mid-2000s (as Gustafson NOW confesses to), and that's WHY he lied to "Record Herald and Indianola Tribune," and to the People of Iowa regarding his previous elected experience, back in 2014.

Now, here's why I am emailing you today:

When I Google: Des Moines Register Gustafson

... I'm not seeing any reporting from Iowa on the super-important Gustafson/LOCSD municipal bond fraud/SEC Investigation/deliberately lying to the People of Iowa story.

The only Des Moines Register story my Google search turns up is the previously mentioned, "Gustafson admits recall from California board in '05," story from 2014.

So, now I'm just wondering if the Des Moines Register is planning on covering the story on WHY Representative Gustafson lied to the People of Iowa in 2014, when he deliberately omitted his disastrous, and fraud-filled (errrr... "allegedly" [finger quotes]) term as a Los Osos CSD Director.

If you (or anyone on your staff) have any questions about the SEC investigation, or any of the municipal bond fraud evidence against the LOCSD, or how some 4,200 property owners in Los Osos (including numerous low-income seniors) are now stuck funding that fraud until the year 2033 (and beyond), please just ask.

Thank you for your time,
Ron
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
sewerwatch.blogspot.com


P.S. In my personal editorial policy of (what I like to term) "open source journalism," I have cc'd this email to numerous media-types (and others), and have also published it on my blog, at this link:


Thanks again.

###

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home