Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Interesting Timing On Brown Act Refresher Course

I'm sure it's just a routine refresher course (I'm sure, I'm tellin' ya), but I do find the timing very interesting.

On the agenda for the March 25, SLO County Parks Commission meeting, it reads:

"9. Brown Act Presentation – Rita Neal (6:45)"

The reason I find that very interesting, is because, as I've shown through a recent series of e-mails (that I've also published on SewerWatch over the past few weeks), the SLO County Parks Commission, evidently, is little more than a Brown-Act-shredding-so-commissioners-can-cash-checks scam.

And, to make things more interesting, I cc'd SLO County Counsel, Warren Jensen, on all of those e-mails, and Rita Neal is from the SLO County Counsel's office.

So, look at this sequence of events. This is great:

On 2/22/10, I cc'd Jensen on an e-mail to the SLO County District Attorney's office, asking them to investigate how I was a clear victim of an egregious Brown Act violation by the SLO County Parks Commission.

Then, on 2/26/10, I cc'd Jensen on an e-mail where I showed how the SLO County Parks Commission held an illegal meeting at a Commissioner's home, another Brown Act violation.

Then, on 3/1/10, I cc'd Jensen on an e-mail where I showed how the former Chair of the SLO County Parks Commission recently played an illegal shell game with me involving a meeting protocol, another Brown Act violation.

THEN, on the agenda for the next meeting -- the very first opportunity after all of that came out -- this shows up:

"9. Brown Act Presentation – Rita Neal (6:45)"

I left a message on Neal's voice mail, because I wanted to ask her some questions about her "presentation," like, "Why now?" She didn't return my call.

But, I'm sure it's just a coincidence. Just a routine "Brown Act Presentation."

I'm sure... I'm tellin' ya.

###

[12 weeks down... 40 to go.]

1 Comments:

  • Dear Ms. Neal,
    What does the Brown Act say about Stonewalling? How long can a commission get away with employing that tactic to avoid public scrutiny?
    sincerely, Joe Public

    By Blogger Commentary, at 8:34 AM, March 25, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home